Permits Needed before First Day of Class
For more information, go to the Young Drivers Web Site
- Student needs to be 14 1/2 years of age in order to obtain a permit
- Student will need to take an original copy and state certified birth certificate. This proves a legal date of birth and a legal name. One of the parent's names must be on the certificate.
- Student will need a Social Security Number. If the student does not have one they can call Social Security Dept. and get help.
- Pocatello Address:1246 Yellowstone Avenue Suite F;
- Pocatello, ID 83201-6437 -- Phone: (866) 643-3407 -- Get Directions.
- Idaho Falls Address:825 Shoup Avenue; Idaho Falls, ID 83402-3404 -- Phone: (208) 522-7992 -- Get Directions
- Photo identification is necessary. This might be a library card, student body card or even a yearbook picture.
- Verification that the student is enrolled in school (Verification of Compliance). See the school counselor to get this form.
- Your Legal Guardian must also sign the permit and will also need photo I. D. If the guardian or parent has a different last name then documents will be needed to state the relationship between student and guardian.
- There is a permit fee of $21.50 that needs to be paid to the Drivers License Division. These fees are non refundable.
- Pocatello: 5800 S. 5th
- Idaho Falls: 254 "E" Street
- Preston: 39 W Oneida
- Malad: 10 Court St
Classes & Information
Right now: 2 week summer courses--no extra cost!
We hold classes monthly (2-3 week courses) in:
Pocatello (click on this link for Class Schedules)
1800 Garrett Way
Pocatello, Idaho 83201
(Located in the Westwood Mall)
Sign Up Information
Tuition - $300 ($100 due at parent metting -- the balance by the end of the class work.
Paypal now accepted! ~ There is a $5.00 charge to use Paypal.)
Permits - $21.50
Obtaining a Permit